Job Order: 3709
Territories:Quebec & Ontario
Sirius Personnel is a Placement and Headhunting Agency that Specializes in Sales and Marketing Professionals in Montreal. (www.siriuspersonnel.com)
Profile: Our client is in the food industry and he is looking to hire a buying and sourcing specialist. Your role will be to ensure that we deliver high-quality products from all over the world at an affordable price. You must have experience as a buyer in the food industry; ideally, fruits and vegetables.
Territory: Quebec & Ontario
Workplace: Montreal (VSL)
Products/Services: fruits and vegetables
Salary: $55,000 + (flexible based on experience)
Commissions/Bonus: to be determined
Car allowance: to be determined
Expenses reimbursement: all reasonable business expenses will be refunded
Other Benefits: not now
- Oversee purchasing, receiving, and inventory management
- Manage supplier performance, quality, and risks
- Interact on a regular basis with the sales and the operations teams as well to ensure that inventory is tracked and stored in the right way.
- Develop inventory tracking and management methods that allow to minimize stockouts, wastage, and cash tied up inventory.
- Negotiate with suppliers on pricing and terms
- Coordinate shipments across Canada
100% Buying, sourcing, inventorying management, and customer services.
Road vs. Office (%): 100% in office
Languages: English and French
Education: post-secondary degree
Training: on-the-job training, but you must come from the food industry.
Overnight Travel: N/A
Years of experience: 5-10 years experience sourcing and buying perishable or other food items. As well as managing inventory.
- Being used to work in small or medium businesses
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented and autonomous
- Great at communication, stakeholder management, and organizational skills
- Great team player with leadership
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a problem-solving attitude
- Being willing to get your hands dirty: being comfortable negotiating supplier terms as well as placing orders and ensuring timely deliveries.
Transferable contacts: N/A
- Knowledge of SAP and iTrade
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Prices and terms negotiations
- Working with perishable food at variable prices
- Conduct competitive intelligence and transmit information to the business team.
- Being a foodie
625 Rene Levesque West, Suite 1616