Job Order: 3726
Sirius Personnel is a Placement and Headhunting Agency that Specializes in Sales and Marketing Professionals in Montreal. (www.siriuspersonnel.com)
Profile: Our client is an established trading house offering an ever-growing array of products worldwide. They are servicing Europe, the Middle East, Central America, and the Caribbean. They are looking to hire a business development manager to cover the Caribbean market. You will be responsible for a base of retail customers that you will need to service and up-sell, as well as developing new businesses in your named territory. This role is for an experienced, open-minded, and well-rounded B2B salesperson, who loves to travel, and develop new business relations. You must pass the criminal background check. If you are looking to join a professional family where you can grow apply now.
Products/Services: wholesale plumbing, electrical and construction material
Commissions/Bonus: $20,000—$25,000 guarantee, uncapped commissions (based on revenue generated), yearly bonus (based on company revenue and overachievement).
Car allowance: all expenses are covered during travels
Expenses reimbursement: all expenses are covered during travels
- No benefits
- Salary advancement
- Strong bonus structure
- Grow current account sales by offering items not being purchased & introducing new product lines.
- Grow sales & market share by establishing new accounts.
- Working hand in hand with customer service to provide an effective (quality) and efficient (timely) service
- Source and meet with new vendors based on customer-specific demands
- Learn and offer new product lines
- Setup sales forecasts once per year (November)
- Attend sales meetings 3 times/year to discuss product performance, sales stats, market situation, new projects, recap year.
- Meet current suppliers to learn about their new products
- Meet new suppliers to consider launching new products
- Update customer agendas with pink invoices
- Solve customer issues (shipping, claims, pricing, etc.)
- Collections: follow up receivables on a weekly basis and ensure payments are received on time.
- Plan travel dates
- Book flights
- Book car rental/taxi
- Book hotel
- Book customer meetings
- Prepare catalogs/pricing/samples for each meeting
Prior to travelling
- Review meeting notes of previous trips and customer agenda
- Strategize product offerings per customer meeting
- Fill out trip reports on daily basis summarizing details of each meeting
- Fill out expense report on a daily basis
- Update customer agendas based on the day’s meetings
- Reply to customer requests of the day’s meetings.
- Reply to customer requests from other markets
- Reply to intra-office emails
- Send proformas/quotations for any urgent customer requests
- Follow up to close the quotes/proformas done during the sales trip
- Work on new requests/inquiries given by customers during sales meetings
- Follow up with customers to send their new orders which were not given during sales trip
When in Office
- Make product offers by email/phone with literature and pricing to instigate new orders
- Email customer historic as an order form to help the customer build a new order
- Offer suggested items during the proforma process
- Close sale on pending proformas/quotes
- Coordinate with customer service and logistics to make sure:
- Quotes are accurate prior to sending to customers
- Orders are well scheduled and shipped on time.
- Follow up with customers once orders arrive (2 weeks after ETA) to make sure they are satisfied and if they need anything.
Development vs. Maintenance (%): 25% vs. 75%
Road vs. Office (5): 25% vs. 75%
Languages: English and French (you must be bilingual; written and spoken)
Education: Post-secondary education in Business, Trade, or any related fields
Training: 6-month training program
Overnight Travel: up to 14 weeks per year. Please note that travels will start after the successful completion of the training program and once the Covid-19 travel limitations measures will be lifted.
Years of experience: 5–10 years as a sales representative, with a track record of success
- B2B sales experience
- Strong ability in negotiation
- Being detail-oriented, hard-working, resourceful and team player
- Valid drivers’ licence
- Ability to travel internationally
- Experience working with an ERP
Transferable contacts: N/A
- Experience developing businesses in the Caribbean (asset)
- Experience selling hardware, constructions materials, plumbing, etc. (asset)
- Experience selling to retailers or distributors abroad (strong asset)
625 Rene Levesque West, Suite 1616
Number of positions:1