Job Order: 3774
Sirius Personnel is a Placement and Headhunting Agency that Specializes in Sales and Marketing Professionals in Montreal. (www.siriuspersonnel.com)
Profile: Our client is in the food industry and he is looking to hire a buying and sourcing specialist. Your role will be to ensure that we deliver high-quality products from all over the world at an affordable price. You must have experience as an international buyer in the food industry; ideally, fruits and vegetables.
Territory: Quebec & Ontario
Workplace: Montreal (VSL)
Products/Services: fruits and vegetables
Salary: $55,000 - $75,000
Commissions/Bonus: to be determined
Car allowance: to be determined
Expenses reimbursement: all reasonable business expenses will be refunded
Other Benefits: not now
- Develop and build new relationships with suppliers
- Develop new products from start to end
- Responsible for planning, projections and buying of merchandise
- Request samples
- Handle logistics for all your projects
- Negotiate best quality, best price
- Ask for spec sheets
- Manage claims and solve all issues relating to your projects
- Perform market research
- Evaluate inventory received and perform quality inspections
100% Buying, sourcing, inventorying management, and customer services.
Road vs. Office (%): 100% in office
Languages: English and French
Education: post-secondary degree
Training: on-the-job training, but you must come from the food industry.
Overnight Travel: N/A
Years of experience: 3-10 years experience in purchasing from international suppliers, sourcing and buying perishable or other food items. As well as managing inventory.
- Being used to work in small or medium businesses
- Must know the import process
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented and autonomous
- Great at negotiation, communication, stakeholder management, and organizational skills
- Great team player with leadership
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a problem-solving attitude
- Willing to get your hands dirty: being comfortable negotiating supplier terms as well as placing orders and ensuring timely deliveries.
Transferable contacts: N/A
- Knowledge of SAP and iTrade
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Prices and terms negotiations
- Working with perishable food at variable prices
- Conduct competitive intelligence and transmit information to the business team.
625 Rene Levesque West, Suite 1616