Job Order: 3790
Territories:Quebec and Maritimes
Profile: Our client sells flexible packaging solutions used in the food, pharma and industrial industries and is looking to hire for this newly created position. The technical service rep will be responsible for prospecting potential customers and selling spare parts and preventive maintenance contracts for active customers as well as selling technical training in assigned territory. Great company, growing and open to career opportunities.
Please provide your resume in English.
Territory: Quebec and Maritimes
Work Place: Home office
Products/Services: Flexible packaging solutions
Salary: Base $55,000 to $65,000
Commissions/Bonus: $15,000 / first year and $20,000 and more as of the 2nd year, no cap on commissions
Car allowance: Vehicle provided with gas card
Expenses reimbursement: All expenses reimbursed
- Full benefits provided after 3 months paid by company
- RRSP after 3 months and matching after 1 year
- 3 weeks' vacation
- Mobile phone
- call on existing and potential customers within defined territories to evaluate spare parts inventory, recommend spare and wear parts etc.
- Ensure each customer in territory is represented with a spare and wear parts proposal
- Work with management to establish priorities, closing dates and pending opportunities
- Ensure that each active customers is included in a preventive maintenance contract proposal
- Ensure that each newly installed customers in territory is represented with a tailored 1, 3 and 5 years spare/wear parts proposal
- Work with outside parts sales representative and management in technically challenging cases, to ensure correct parts are proposed in sufficient quantity
- Communicate with the RSM on a regular basis, on any customer issues related to customer service and work to help resolve them to improve customer satisfaction
- Serve as a resource to Field sales Technicians doing installations when they require assistance
- Utilize CRM according to established procedures and file a weekly visit report at the end of each work week
Development vs Maintenance: 50% vs 50%
Road vs Office: 80% vs 20%
Languages: Bilingual French and English, a must
Education: Post-secondary education required in a technical field or combination of education and experience
Training: Full training provided
Overnight Travel: Up to 20% overnight travel required (2 to 3 times a year in the Maritimes)
Years’ of experience: 5 years industry and experience in a technical industry like capital equipement, packaging or other industry related goods.
Other requirements: Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Transferable contacts: N/A
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to calculate figures and discounts and interest and percentage etc.
- Ability to interpret technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to respond to questions from group manager, clients and customers
- Knowledge of film and packaging industry
- Should be proficient in MS Office, and experience with database application, CRM or ERP systems